Present address: Paolo Botta, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, PO Box 2543, 4002 Basel, Switzerland.
Excitation of Rat Cerebellar Golgi Cells by Ethanol: Further Characterization of the Mechanism
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the Research Society on Alcoholism
Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research
Volume 36, Issue 4, pages 616–624, April 2012
How to Cite
Botta, P., Simões de Souza, F. M., Sangrey, T., De Schutter, E. and Valenzuela, C. F. (2012), Excitation of Rat Cerebellar Golgi Cells by Ethanol: Further Characterization of the Mechanism. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 36: 616–624. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-0277.2011.01658.x
Present address: Thomas Sangrey, School of Science and Technology, Department of Physics and Robotics, 53 Kabanbay batyr Ave. Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Issue published online: 27 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2011
- Received for publication June 27, 2011; accepted August 9, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Ethanol-Induced Cerebellar Ataxia: Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms, The Cerebellum, 2015, 14, 4, 447,
- 2Mini-Review: Effects of Ethanol on GABAA Receptor-Mediated Neurotransmission in the Cerebellar Cortex—Recent Advances, The Cerebellum, 2015, 14, 4, 438, ,
- 3Simulation of alcohol action upon a detailed Purkinje neuron model and a simpler surrogate model that runs >400 times faster, BMC Neuroscience, 2015, 16, 1,
- 4Apoptosis of Purkinje and Granular Cells of the Cerebellum Following Chronic Ethanol Intake, The Cerebellum, 2014, 13, 6, 728, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Neuronal Oscillations in Golgi Cells and Purkinje Cells are Accompanied by Decreases in Shannon Information Entropy, The Cerebellum, 2014, 13, 1, 97, , , , ,
- 6Repeated intermittent alcohol exposure during the third trimester-equivalent increases expression of the GABAA receptor δ subunit in cerebellar granule neurons and delays motor development in rats, Neuropharmacology, 2014, 79, 262, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 7Opposite actions of alcohol on tonic GABAA receptor currents mediated by nNOS and PKC activity, Nature Neuroscience, 2013, 16, 12, 1783, , ,