This research was supported by a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship to Lori Wu Malahy and Mara Sedlins, and a National Science Foundation Small Grant for Exploratory Research # 0844674 to Yuichi Shoda and Jason Plaks. We thank Walter Mischel and the members of the Shoda Lab and the UW social-personality program for their feedback on this manuscript and project. We also thank Greg Reaume and Mavi Lawson for allowing us to use their photos for publication.
Black and White, or Shades of Gray? Racial Labeling of Barack Obama Predicts Implicit Race Perception
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2010
© 2010 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 207–222, December 2010
How to Cite
Malahy, L. W., Sedlins, M., Plaks, J. and Shoda, Y. (2010), Black and White, or Shades of Gray? Racial Labeling of Barack Obama Predicts Implicit Race Perception. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 10: 207–222. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-2415.2010.01213.x
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.