This collaborative project brought together science and grass roots community advocacy. The researcher's expertise ensured theoretically grounded, sound methodology. The community collaborators’ expertise ensured cultural sensitivity and community relevance. Each member of the team served an absolutely critical role. Invaluable contributions were made by: the women of the Xochilt-Acalt women's center; the CIERUNIC S.A. research team; the suggestions, tireless translation, and support provided by Anne McSweeney; the dedicated assistance of Juan Pastor Solis Rojas; the translation and commitment of Helen Dixon; the professional support from Sonia Arguto at FIDEG; the advice provided by the Red de Mujeres Contra la Violencia; and, most certainly, the innovation, inspiration, and undying commitment to the women's movement in Nicaragua of Carlos Arenas at WCCN. This research was supported by a National Science Foundation grant (OISE-0714697) to Shelly Grabe.
Promoting Gender Equality: The Role of Ideology, Power, and Control in the Link Between Land Ownership and Violence in Nicaragua
Article first published online: 14 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 146–170, December 2010
How to Cite
Grabe, S. (2010), Promoting Gender Equality: The Role of Ideology, Power, and Control in the Link Between Land Ownership and Violence in Nicaragua. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 10: 146–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-2415.2010.01221.x
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 14 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.