We gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments and suggestions from Stephen Bainbridge, John de Figueiredo, Jeffrey Gordon, Daniel Ho, John Lott, Toshihiro Matsumura, Johannes Moenius, Randall Morck, Yasuhiro Omori, Robert Pozen, Eric Rasmusen, Roberta Romano, David Sneider, William Stuntz, Joel Trachtman, Mark West, Noriyuki Yanagawa, the referees and editorial board, and workshop participants at Harvard University, Indiana University, the Japanese Law & Economics Association, Nagashima, Ohno & Tsunematsu, the National Bureau of Economic Research, New York University, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Tokyo, Vanderbilt University, Waseda University, and Yale University. We received financial assistance from the Center for International Research on the Japanese Economy and the Business Law Center at the University of Tokyo, and the John M. Olin Program in Law, Economics & Business at the Harvard Law School.
Who Appoints Them, What Do They Do? Evidence on Outside Directors from Japan
Article first published online: 22 APR 2005
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 14, Issue 2, pages 299–337, June 2005
How to Cite
Miwa, Y. and Ramseyer, J. M. (2005), Who Appoints Them, What Do They Do? Evidence on Outside Directors from Japan. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 14: 299–337. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2005.00043.x
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!