I thank Glenn Ellison, Jonathan Gruber, James Poterba, and David Cutler for exceptional guidance. I am grateful to David Dranove, Gautam Gowrisankaran, Bart Hamilton, Joseph Harrington, Vivian Ho, Julian Jamison, Michael Mazzeo, Wallace Mullin, Scott Stern, the editor Dan Spulber, the co-editor, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments. Support from the National Science Foundation, the National Bureau of Economic Research, the National Institute on Aging, and the Institute for Policy Research at Northwestern University is gratefully acknowledged. The MedPAR data are confidential and cannot be released.
Games Hospitals Play: Entry Deterrence in Hospital Procedure Markets
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2005
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 513–542, September 2005
How to Cite
Dafny, L. S. (2005), Games Hospitals Play: Entry Deterrence in Hospital Procedure Markets. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 14: 513–542. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2005.00072.x
- Issue online: 28 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!