We thank Jeanine Balbach, Harrison Hong, David Hyman, Paul Pautler, Jane Ruseski, Bill Sage, Dave Scheffman, Mike Vita, Bill Vogt, and Joel Waldfogel for helpful discussions, and the Federal Trade Commission and the National Institute on Aging through the NBER for generous support. David Becker provided exceptional research assistance. The views expressed in this paper do not necessarily reflect those of any of the author's institutions or the Federal Trade Commission.
The Effects of Competition on Variation in the Quality and Cost of Medical Care
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2005
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 575–589, September 2005
How to Cite
Kessler, D. P. and Geppert, J. J. (2005), The Effects of Competition on Variation in the Quality and Cost of Medical Care. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 14: 575–589. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2005.00074.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!