We thank the editors, two anonymous referees, Thomas Hubbard, Scott Stern, Timothy Hannan, Judy Hellerstein, Bill Evans, Seth Sanders, John Rust, Robert Maness, and the participants at the NBER 2003 IO meeting for constructive comments and suggestions. We also thank Kathryn Aikon for helping us interpret the FDA rules, and Catherine Burt for guiding our usage of the NAMCS data. We are very grateful to TNS Media Intelligence/Competitive Media Reporting (CMR) for generously providing the advertising data for this study. All errors remain ours.
The Effect of Prescription Drug Advertising on Doctor Visits
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2005
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 701–727, September 2005
How to Cite
Iizuka, T. and Jin, G. Z. (2005), The Effect of Prescription Drug Advertising on Doctor Visits. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 14: 701–727. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2005.00079.x
- Issue online: 28 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!