We thank two anonymous referees, whose comments have greatly helped us to improve the exposition of this paper. We also benefited from comments by Kristin Chlosta, Dominique Demougin, Mati Dubrovinsky, Oliver Fabel, Thomas Hellmann, Carsten Helm, Jenny Kragl, Matthias Kräkel, Dorothee Schneider, Chee-Wee Tan, and participants of the Society of Labor Economics Annual Meeting in New York, European Economic Association Congress in Budapest, Verein für Socialpolitik Annual Meeting in Munich, Canadian Economics Association Annual Meeting in Halifax, First Conference on Tournaments, Contests and Relative Performance Evaluation in Raleigh, and the WZB Young Researchers Workshop on Contests and Tournaments. Financial support by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), grant SFB/TR 15, is gratefully acknowledged.
Promotion Tournaments and Individual Performance Pay
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 699–731, Fall 2010
How to Cite
Schöttner, A. and Thiele, V. (2010), Promotion Tournaments and Individual Performance Pay. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 19: 699–731. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2010.00267.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!