This paper is a revised chapter of my MIT PhD thesis. I thank Daron Acemoglu, Heski Bar-Isaac, Eric Budish, Arthur Campbell, Maya Eden, Jesse Edgerton, Alex Edmans, Ernst Fehr, Daniel Gottlieb, Robert Gibbons, Bengt Holmstrom, Ian Jewitt, Kohei Kawamura, Jin Li, Arijit Mukherjee, Heikki Rantakari, Robert Ritz, Klaus Schmidt, Ron Siegel, Julia Simon-Kerr, Johannes Spinnewijn, Eric Van den Steen, Jean Tirole, and two anonymous referees for helpful comments. I am particularly grateful to Meg Meyer for her guidance at an early stage of this project. I also thank seminar audiences at Oxford, MIT, Zürich, the Econometric Society World Congress 2005, and the NCSU Tournaments Conference for their numerous suggestions. Financial support from ESRC and MIT is gratefully acknowledged. All remaining errors are attributable to me.
Feedback and Motivation in Dynamic Tournaments
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 733–769, Fall 2010
How to Cite
Ederer, F. (2010), Feedback and Motivation in Dynamic Tournaments. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 19: 733–769. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2010.00268.x
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!