The authors thank Erik Plug, Hans van Ophem, and many seminar and conference participants for their helpful comments. Moreover, the authors gratefully acknowledge the very valuable comments and suggestions by two referees and the coeditor. The usual disclaimer applies. A previous version of this paper circulated under the title “Returns to intelligence: Entrepreneurs versus employees.”
If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You an Entrepreneur? Returns to Cognitive and Social Ability: Entrepreneurs Versus Employees
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 947–989, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Hartog, J., Van Praag, M. and Van Der Sluis, J. (2010), If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You an Entrepreneur? Returns to Cognitive and Social Ability: Entrepreneurs Versus Employees. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 19: 947–989. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2010.00274.x
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!