We thank seminar participants at Giessen, Goethe (Frankfurt), Universidad Iberoamericana, NHH, CASS, CEPR Summer Symposium on Financial Markets in Gerzensee, EFA 2006, 1st Ricafe 2 conference, the 2nd Workshop of the “Vienna Symposia on Asset Management,” the CEPR conference on “Risk Management and Corporate Finance” 2008 in Solstrand, the Conference on the Law and Economics of Entrepreneurship, Northwestern School of Law, 2008, the Conference on the Economics of Privately Held Firms, BI, the first Essec Private Equity Conference, 2008, and the 9th Symposium on Finance, Karlsruhe, 2008, for valuable comments. Also we thank Thomas Chemmanur, Francesca Cornelli, Antoine Faure-Grimaud, Zsuzsanna Fluck, Julia Hirsch, Kjell Nyborg, Per Östberg, Ibolya Schindele, Antoinette Schoar, Armin Schwienbacher, Merih Sevilir, Per Strömberg, Javier Suarez, Masako Ueda, and Volker Zimmermann for helpful suggestions on an earlier version titled “Evolution of Decision and Control Rights in Venture Capital Contracts: An Empirical Analysis.” In addition, we also thank all Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) employees at KI and KS for their support and especially Andreas Weber (KfW) for his help. We are particularly grateful to two anonymous referees and a coeditor for extremely valuable comments on earlier drafts of the paper. All errors remain ours. Carsten Bienz gratefully acknowledges financial support by German Research Foundation (DFG) and by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Furthermore, Carsten Bienz thanks the Financial Markets Group at the London School of Economics for their hospitality.
Venture Capital Exit Rights
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 1071–1116, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Bienz, C. and Walz, U. (2010), Venture Capital Exit Rights. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 19: 1071–1116. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2010.00278.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!