We thank Christa Bouwman, Doug Cook, Anand Desai, Hui Guo, Thomas Hellmann, Chris Hennessey, Junsoo Lee, Jim Ligon, Thomas Moeller, Sukesh Patro, Mikhail Pevzner, Alexander Philipov, Mary Stone, David Walker, Suning Zhang, seminar participants at Kansas State University and University of Alabama, and participants at the 2010 Financial Intermediation Research Society Conference in Florence, Italy, the 2009 Conference on Empirical Legal Studies at University of Southern California, 2008 Center for Research in Security Prices Forum, European Finance Association—Athens meetings, Financial Management Association, Grapevine, TX meetings, George Mason University Conference on Fraud Prevention and Corporate Governance, and Washington Area Finance Conference for helpful comments. Special thanks are due to Dan Spulber (the editor), and to two anonymous referees and an anonymous coeditor for detailed comments and helpful suggestions. Agrawal acknowledges financial support from the William A. Powell, Jr. Chair in Finance and Banking.
Accounting Scandals in IPO Firms: Do Underwriters and VCs Help?
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 1117–1181, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Agrawal, A. and Cooper, T. (2010), Accounting Scandals in IPO Firms: Do Underwriters and VCs Help?. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 19: 1117–1181. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2010.00279.x
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!