Disclaimer: The contents of this paper have been subject to vetting and pass the Disclosure Rules & Regulations set forth by Statistics Canada.
Plant Scale and Exchange-Rate-Induced Productivity Growth
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 1197–1230, Winter 2011
How to Cite
Fung, L., Baggs, J. and Beaulieu, E. (2011), Plant Scale and Exchange-Rate-Induced Productivity Growth. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 20: 1197–1230. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2011.00311.x
We are grateful to Statistics Canada, in particular the Economic Analysis Division and John Baldwin, for access to the data used in this paper and to Bob Gibson for data preparation and expedited output vetting. Special thanks are also extended to Daniel Trefler and Alla Lileeva for sharing the tariff data. This paper has benefited from comments from Keith Head, John Baldwin, Azim Essaji, Wulong Gu, Danny Leung, Manish Pandey, Robert Petrunia, Andreas Waldkirch, Ari Van Assche, Constance Smith, Katheryn Russ, the editor, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at Statistics Canada, Industry Canada, the University of Victoria, Wilfred Laurier University, University of Winnipeg, Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University, National Tsing-Hua University, Lakehead University, the 2007 CEA meetings, the 2008 Empirical Investigations in Trade and Investment meeting, the 2008 Econometric Society summer meetings, and the 2008 Statistics Canada Socio-Economic Conference. Financial support from SSRHC is gratefully acknowledged. Loretta Fung gratefully acknowledges financial support from Statistics Canada post-doctoral program and from the University of Alberta. Any errors and omissions are our own.
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!