We are grateful to Philippe Aghion, Gary Fethke, Oliver Hart, and Andrei Shleifer for their guidance. We also benefited from very helpful discussions with Benito Arruñada, Nittai Bergman, Gary Chamberlain, Drew Fudenberg, Jerry Green, Bengt Holmstrom, David Laibson, Ulrike Malmendier, Meg Meyer, B. Ravikumar, Roy Suddaby, Adam Szeidl, and Xavier Vives, as well as comments from seminar participants at Alicante, Bocconi, ESEM2004 (Madrid), Harvard, Iowa, Oxford, and UAB. Katy Miller and Gonçalo Pina provided excellent research assistance. The paper has also greatly benefited from the suggestions of two anonymous referees and a coeditor. Casas-Arce acknowledges financial support from Harvard University, Banco de España, and Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnologia (SEJ2007-64340). Any errors are our own.
Job Design in the Presence of Career Concerns
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 1083–1109, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Casas-Arce, P. and Hejeebu, S. (2012), Job Design in the Presence of Career Concerns. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 21: 1083–1109. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9134.2012.00351.x
- Issue online: 15 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!