Dynamic Eco-Efficiency Projections for Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling Strategies at the City Level
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
© 2008 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 52–68, February 2008
How to Cite
Bohne, R. A., Brattebø, H. and Bergsdal, H. (2008), Dynamic Eco-Efficiency Projections for Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling Strategies at the City Level. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 12: 52–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2008.00013.x
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
- BCSD (Business Council for Sustainable Development). 1993. Getting eco-efficient. Report of the Business Council for Sustainable Development, First Antwerp Eco-Efficiency Workshop, November, Geneva.
- 2007. Projection of construction and demolition waste in Norway. Journal of Industrial Ecology 11(3): 27–39. , , and .
- 2003. Eco-efficiency in Norwegian C&D waste recycling systems. In ILCEDES, Kuopio, Finland, 1st–3rd December. and .
- 2005. Eco-efficiency and performance strategies in construction and demolition waste recycling systems. Doctoral thesis 2005: 22, Norwegian University of Science and Technology .
- 1996. Construction waste: Quantification and source evaluation. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 122(1): 55–60, March. and .
- 2005. Toward a methods framework for eco-efficiency analysis? Journal of Industrial Ecology 9(4): 9–11.
- 2003. Evaluating sustainability in waste management: the case of construction and demolition, chemical and clinical wastes in Hong Kong. Resources, Conservation, and Recycling 37(2): 119–145. and .
- 2005. An analysis of cost and duration of deconstruction and demolition residential buildings in Massachusetts. Resources, Conservation, and Recycling 44: 1–15. , , and .
- 1982. U.S. building-demolition wastes: Quantities and potential for resource recovery. Conservation & Recycling 5(2–3): 113–132. and .
- Ecoinvent. 2007. The ecoinvent Database. http://www.ecoinvent.ch. Accessed December 2007.
- 2005. Municipal solid waste management from a systems perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production 13(3):241–252. , , , , , , , and .
- GRIP/Økobygg. 2001. Nasjonal handlingsplan for bygg-og anleggsavfall.[National Action Plan for Construction and Demolition Waste]. Technical Report, Oslo : GRIP/Økobygg .
- 2004. Construction materials and the environment. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 29(1): 181–204.
- 2003. A framework for evaluating data uncertainty in life cycle inventories. In Code of Life-Cycle Inventory Practice, pp. 113–121, edited by A. S. H.de Baufort-Langeveld, R.Bretz, R.Hishier, M. A. J.Huibregts, P.Jean, T.Tanner, and G.van Hoof. Brussels , Belgium : Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). , , , , , , , and .
- 2003. The QWERTY/EE concept. Ph.D. thesis, Delft , Netherlands : Delft University of Technology .
- 2005a. A framework for quantified eco-efficiency analysis eco-effciency and its terminology. Journal of Industrial Ecology 9(4): 25–39. and .
- 2005b. Why eco-efficiency? Journal of Industrial Ecology 9(4): 2–5. and .
- 1999. Eco-efficiency Indicators & Reporting. Geneva: WBCSD, April. , , and .
- 2003. Life-Cycle Assessment in Building and Construction: A State Of-The-Art Report. Brussels , Belgium : Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). , , and .
- 2006. Stock dynamics for forecasting material flows—case study for housing in The Netherlands. Ecological Economics 59(1): 142–156.
- PRé Consultants. 2002. SimaPro 5 User Manual. Amersfoort, the Netherlands: PRé Consultants.
- 2000. A normative strategy for sustainable resource choice and recycling. Resources, Conservation, and Recycling 28(1-2): 121–133.
- 2002. Eco-efficiency analysis by BASF: The method. Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 7(4): 203–218. , , , , , , , and .
- 2000. Eco-efficiency. Creating more value with less impact. Geneva: WBCSD, August.
- Statistics Norway. 2004. Cost index for road goods transport, March 2004. http://www.ssb.no. Accessed March 2004.
- 1989. Ökologieinduzierte Entscheidungsinstrumente des Managements[Ecologically induced decision instruments of the management]. WWZ: Discussion Paper Nr. 8914, Basel : WWZ. and .
- 2003. A Manual for the Preparers and Users of Eco-efficiency Indicators. UNCTAD Technical Report, http://www.unctad.org/isar. Accessed August 2004. and .
- Symonds, ARGUS, COWI, and PRC Bouwcentrum. 1999. Construction and demolition waste management practices, and the economic impact. Report to DGI, European Commission.
- 2001. Management of Concrete Demolition Waste. Dr. ing thesis 2001:65, Norway : Norwegian University of Science and Technology .
- 2001. Management of Concrete Demolition Waste. Dr. Torring thesis 2001:65, Norwegian University of Science and Technology .
- 2004. An estimating system for construction and demolition waste management. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management 30(2):81–89. , , , and .
- 2002. Industrial ecology and life cycle assessment. In Handbook of Industrial Ecology, chapter 12, pp. 138–148, edited by R. U.Ayres and L. W.Ayres. Northampton , MA : Edward Elgar Publishing.
- 2000. Measuring eco-efficiency. A guide to reporting company performance. Geneva: WBCSD. and .
- 2000. Avoiding co-product allocation in life-cycle assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology 4(3): 11–34.
- 2002. Avoiding co-product allocation in the metals sector. In Presentation for the ICMM International Workshop on Life Cycle Assessment and Metals, Montreal, Canada, April 15th–17th. and .
- Wikipedia contributors, “Downcycling,” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Downcycling&oldid=138225285. Accessed January 7, 2008.
- 1975. The resource potential of demolition debris in the United States. Resource Recovery and Consumption (1): 129–140.
- 1996. A methodology for quantifying the volume of construction waste. Waste Management & Research 14(5): 453–461. and .