Online Open Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation
The Green Design Apprenticeship
How an Outreach Program Strengthens Graduate Research
Version of Record online: 5 JUN 2009
© 2009 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 467–476, June 2009
How to Cite
Matthews, D. H., Hawkins, T. R., Jaramillo, P., Marriott, J. and Sharrard, A. L. (2009), The Green Design Apprenticeship. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 13: 467–476. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2009.00131.x
- Issue online: 5 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 JUN 2009
- AIU (Allegheny Intermediate Unit). 2008. Allegheny Intermediate Unit: GATE apprenticeships. http://www.aiu3.net/Level3.aspx?id=1194. Accessed 9 February 2009.
- 2006. Diet, energy, and global warming. Earth Interactions 10(9): 1–17. and .
- 2003. Industrial ecology. Second edition. Upper Saddle River , NJ : Pearson Education. and .
- 2006. Optimal household refrigerator replacement policy for life cycle energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and cost. Energy Policy 34(15): 2310–2323. , , and .
- 2006. A heavy load: The combined housing and transportation burdens of working families. Washington , DC : Center for Housing Policy.
- NAE (National Academy of Engineering). 2004. The engineer of 2020: Visions of engineering in the new century. Washington , DC : National Academies Press.
- NRC (National Research Council). 2000. How People Learn. Washington , DC : National Academies Press.
- NSF (National Science Foundation). 2008. National Science Foundation grant proposal guide: Chapter 3: NSF proposal processing and review. http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf08_1/gpg_3.jsp#IIIA2. Accessed 9 February 2009.
- 2007. A meta-analysis of national research: Effects of teaching strategies on student achievement in science in the United States. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 44(10): 1436–1460. , , , , and .
- 2007. Comparative energy, environmental, and economic analysis of traditional and e-commerce DVD rental networks. Journal of Industrial Ecology 11(3): 77–92. , , , and .