Analyzing Polyvinyl Chloride in Japan With the Waste Input−Output Material Flow Analysis Model
Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2009
© 2009 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Applications of Material Flow Analysis
Volume 13, Issue 5, pages 706–717, October 2009
How to Cite
Nakamura, S., Nakajima, K., Yoshizawa, Y., Matsubae-Yokoyama, K. and Nagasaka, T. (2009), Analyzing Polyvinyl Chloride in Japan With the Waste Input−Output Material Flow Analysis Model. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 13: 706–717. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2009.00153.x
- Issue online: 1 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2009
- 1999. Accounting for resources 2: The life cycle of materials. Cheltenham , UK : Edward Elgar. and .
- 2004. Life cycle assessment of PVC and of principal competing materials. Commissioned by the European Commission. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/chemicals/sustdev/pvc-finalreportlca.pdf. Accessed February 2009. , , , , , , , et al .
- BEA (Bureau of Economic Analysis). 2009. Benchmark Input-Output Data. http://www.bea.gov/industry/io_benchmark.htm. Accessed September 2009.
- 2001. Material flow analysis. In A handbook of industrial ecology, edited by R.Ayres and L.Ayres. Cheltenham , UK : Edward Elgar. and .
- 2004. Practical handbook of material flow analysis. Boca Raton , FL : Lewis. and .
- 2002. Approaches for quantifying the metabolism of physical economies: A comparative survey, Part II: Review of individual approaches. Journal of Industrial Ecology 6(1): 65–88.
- 1998. Prospects for the recycling of plastics in the United States. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics 9(3): 307–331. and .
- 2005. Economic growth, material flows and the environment. Cheltenham , UK : Edward Elgar.
- JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc.). 2003. The motor industry of Japan. Tokyo : JAMA.
- Japan Vinyl Goods MRFS.ASS. 2005. PVC statistics[in Japanese]. Tokyo : Japan Vinyl Goods MRFS.ASS.
- 2000. Assessment of the plastic flows in the Netherlands using STREAMS. Resource Conservation and Recycling 30(2): 135–161. , , and .
- JPEA and VEC (Japan PVC Environmental Affairs and Vinyl Environmental Council). 2006. PVC data[in Japanese]. Tokyo : JPEA.
- JPIA (Japan Plasticizer Industry Association). 2007. Supply and demand statistics [in Japanese].http://www.kasozai.gr.jp/main/index7.htm. Accessed 1 October 2007.
- JPPFA (Japan PVC Pipe and Fitting Association). 2007. Supply and demand statistics [in Japanese]. http://www.ppfa.gr.jp/04/index.html. Accessed 1 October 2007.
- 2000. Dynamic substance flow analysis: The delaying mechanism of stocks, with the case of PVC in Sweden. Ecological Economics 32(2): 241–254. , , and .
- Ministry of Financial Japan. 2007. Trade statistics of Japan. http://www.customs.go.jp/toukei/info/indexe.htm. Accessed 1 October 2007.
- Ministry of Industrial Affairs and Communications (Japan). 2004. 2000 input-output tables for Japan. Tokyo : Ministry of Industrial Affairs and Communications.
- 2006. Material flow analysis of metals based on the waste input-output model (WIO-MFA model): Application to material cycle of iron and steel. Journal of the Japan Institute of Metals 70(8): 618–621. and .
- 2007. The waste input-output approach to materials flow analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology 11(4): 50–63. , , , and .
- 2008. Hybrid input-output approach to metal production and its application to the introduction of lead-free solders. Environmental Science & Technology 42(10): 3843–3848. , , , and .
- 2007. Life cycle analysis of environmental load from polyvinyl chloride products [in Japanese]. Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy 86(5): 339–345. , , , and .
- 2002. Life cycle inventory analysis of CO2 emissions manufacturing commodity plastics in Japan. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 7(5): 277–282. , , and .
- 1998. Plastics streams in Germany—An analysis of production, consumption and waste generation. Resource Conservation and Recycling 24(3–4): 191–215. , , , and .
- 1998. Uncertainty in life cycle impact assessment of toxic releases practical experiences—Arguments for a reductionalistic approach? Impact assessment of toxic releases in a substance flow analysis for PVC in Sweden. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 3(5): 246–258.
- 1997. Combining SFA and LCA: The Swedish PVC analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology 1(4): 93–116. , , , and .
- 2006. Waste input-output analysis on “landfill mining activity.” Materials Transactions 47(10): 2582–2587. , , , and .