Compact Fluorescent Bulbs and Mercury Pollution
Using Material Flow Analysis to Prioritize Concerns
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2009
© 2009 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Applications of Material Flow Analysis
Volume 13, Issue 5, pages 658–661, October 2009
How to Cite
Aucott, M. (2009), Compact Fluorescent Bulbs and Mercury Pollution. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 13: 658–661. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2009.00165.x
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2009
- 2009. Estimated quantities and trends of cadmium, lead, and mercury in US municipal solid waste based on analysis of incinerator ash. Water, Air & Soil Pollution Forthcoming. http://www.springerlink.com/content/t1718454w01072lu/. Accessed September 2009. , , , , and .
- 2008. The fate of heavy metals in landfills. The Tidal Exchange Newsletter of the New York – New Jersey Harbor Estuary Program , Issue No. 21. <http://www.harborestuary.org/news/TESummer08.pdf>. Accessed 3 September 2009.
- 2003. Release of mercury from broken fluorescent bulbs. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 53(2): 143–151. , , and .
- 2007. Substance flow analysis of mercury intentionally used in products in the United States. Journal of Industrial Ecology 11(3): 61–75. , , , , and .
- 2008. Spatial assessment of net mercury emissions from the use of fluorescent bulbs. Environmental Science & Technology 42(22): 8564–8570. , , and .
- NJDEP (New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection). 2002. Specific source descriptions. New Jersey Mercury Task Force Report, Volume III, Chapter 3. <http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/mercury_task_force.htm>. Accessed 3 September 2009.
- SWANA (Solid Waste Association of North America). 2004. The Effectiveness of Municipal Solid Waste Landfills in Controlling Releases of Heavy Metals to the Environment. Prepared for the SWANA Applied Research Foundation Disposal Group Subscribers. <http://swanastore.stores.yahoo.net/efofmusowala.html>. Accessed September 2009.