Our main conclusion is that the contemporary understanding of the relationship between consumer behaviors (and expenditures) and their associated environmental impacts has, as a result of considerable careful research over the past decade, now reached a mature stage of development. The state of knowledge, however, is far less certain with respect to questions pertaining to the role of policy measures to stimulate sustainable lifestyles, to facilitate sustainable consumer behaviors, and to forge sustainable systems of production and consumption.
Sustainable Consumption and Production
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2010
© 2010 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Sustainable Consumption and Production
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 1–3, January/February 2010
How to Cite
Tukker, A., Cohen, M. J., Hubacek, K. and Mont, O. (2010), Sustainable Consumption and Production. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 14: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2009.00214.x
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!