Semiconductors and Information Technologies
The Power of Productivity
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2010
© 2010 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Environmental Applications of Information & Communication Technology
Volume 14, Issue 5, pages 692–695, October 2010
How to Cite
“Skip” Laitner, J. A. (2010), Semiconductors and Information Technologies. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 14: 692–695. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2010.00284.x
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2010
- 2010. Rebound, technology and people: Mitigating the rebound effect with energy-resource management and people-centered initiatives. In Proceedings of the ACEEE 2010 Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings. Washington , DC : American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. and .
- Energy Information Administration. 2009. Annual energy outlook 2009 with projections to 2030. DOE/EIA-0383(2009). Washington , DC : U.S. Department of Energy.
- 2005. Consumption and the rebound effect: An industrial ecology perspective. Journal of Industrial Ecology 9(1–2): 85–98.
- 2009. Semiconductor technologies: The potential to revolutionize U.S. energy productivity. Washington , DC : American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. , , , and .
- 2007. Green IT: The new industry shockwave. http://www.ictliteracy.info/rf.pdf/Gartner_on_Green_IT.pdf. Accessed 14 June 2010. .
- 2002. The 1.7 kg microchip: Energy and chemical use in the production of semiconductors. Environmental Science & Technology 36(24): 5504–5510. .