“As a class of technology, control systems appear to offer U.S. SMEs energy, emissions, and economic benefits comparable to other available technologies, which suggests that they should be given full consideration in SME efficiency improvement and CO2 reduction initiatives. They offer a compelling example of the environmental benefits that can be realized through the application of ICT.”
Energy Benefits of Electronic Controls at Small and Medium Sized U.S. Manufacturers
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2010
© 2010 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Environmental Applications of Information & Communication Technology
Volume 14, Issue 5, pages 696–702, October 2010
How to Cite
Masanet, E. (2010), Energy Benefits of Electronic Controls at Small and Medium Sized U.S. Manufacturers. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 14: 696–702. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2010.00286.x
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2010
- 1983. Supplying energy through greater efficiency: The potential for conservation in California's residential sector. Berkeley , CA , USA : University of California Press. , , and .
- U.S. Census Bureau. 2010. Statistics of U.S. Businesses: 2007. http://www.census.gov/econ/susb/. Accessed August 20, 2010.
- U.S. EPA. 2010. ENERGY STAR energy savings calculators for refrigerators and light bulbs. http://www.energystar.gov/industry. Accessed August 15, 2010.