SUSTAINABLE URBAN SYSTEMS
Carbon Footprinting of Cities and Implications for Analysis of Urban Material and Energy Flows
Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
© 2012 by Yale University
Journal of Industrial Ecology
Special Issue: Sustainable Urban Systems
Volume 16, Issue 6, pages 783–785, December 2012
How to Cite
Ramaswami, A., Chavez, A. and Chertow, M. (2012), Carbon Footprinting of Cities and Implications for Analysis of Urban Material and Energy Flows. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 16: 783–785. doi: 10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00569.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
- U.S. National Science Foundation. Grant Number: RCN SEES 1140384
- 2007. Lessons from the pioneers: Tracking global warming at the local level. Minneapolis, MN, USA: Institute for Local Self-Reliance.
- 2010. Society, energy and materials: The contribution of urban metabolism studies to sustainable urban development issues. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 53(4): 439–455.
- 2011. Comparison of household consumption and regional production approaches to assess urban energy use and implication for policy. Energy Policy 39(11): 7298–7309. , , , and .
- 2012. Articulating a community-wide infrastructure-based supply chain carbon emissions footprint for cities: Mathematical relationships and policy relevance. Energy Policy, in press. and .
- 2008. A demand-centered, hybrid life-cycle methodology for city-scale greenhouse gas inventories. Environmental Science & Technology 42(17): 6455–6461. , , , , and .