Development of the Senior Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) began in 1998 with financial support from PeaceHealth capital and operational funds. In January 2001, PeaceHealth was awarded a 4-year grant from the John A. Hartford Foundation Geriatric Interdisciplinary Team in Practice Initiative. Hartford grant funds are being used to support a quasi-experimental, 30-month research study to compare health and organizational outcomes in this practice with traditional models of care. Other aspects described in this paper that are partially supported by Hartford, in collaboration with PeaceHealth, include the training of the SHWC interdisciplinary team and resources for developing quality improvement measurement tools and methods.
Developing a Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Senior Healthcare Practice
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2004
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 52, Issue 12, pages 2128–2133, December 2004
How to Cite
Stock, R. D., Reece, D. and Cesario, L. (2004), Developing a Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Senior Healthcare Practice. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 52: 2128–2133. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2004.52576.x
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.