China: The Aging Giant
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 55, Issue 8, pages 1295–1300, August 2007
How to Cite
Flaherty, J. H., Liu, M. L., Ding, L., Dong, B., Ding, Q., Li, X. and Xiao, S. (2007), China: The Aging Giant. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 55: 1295–1300. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2007.01273.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
- 1The World Health Organization: China. Available at http://www.who.int/countries/chn/en/ Accessed December 2006.
- 2Population and ageing in China. In PhilipsDavid R, ed. Ageing in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Policies and Future Trends. London: Routledge, 2000, pp 194–209.,
- 3Aging in Contemporary China [on-line]. Available at http://www.chinainstitute.org/educators/curriculum/aging/introduction.html Accessed March 1, 2006.
- 6Long Lives: Chinese Elderly and the Communist Revolution, 2nd Ed. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1991.
- 7http://www.gbcc.org.uk/iss16_2.htm Accessed October 20, 2006.China's gray peril: The crisis facing the elderly population [on-line]. China Review, Issue 16, Summer 2000. Available at
- 8Informal employment and gender implications in China: The nature of work and employment relations in the community services sector. Int J Hum Resour Manag 2006;17:1471–1487.
- 10Characteristics of elderly patients in a Beijing Hospital. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:S50., , et al.
- 11The healthy longevity survey and the active life expectancy of the oldest old in China. Popul Engl Sel 2001;13:95–116., , et al.
- 12China Publishes a White Paper on Its Undertakings for the Aged [on-line]. Available at http://www.china.org.cn/english/China/191990.htm Accessed February 24, 2007.
- 13Beijing Encourages Private Nursing Homes [on-line]. Available at http://www.china.org.cn/english/Life/126277.htm Accessed October 8, 2006.
- 14The Clock Is Ticking [on-line]. Available at http://www.bjreview.com.cn/En-2005/05-46-e/china-3.htm Accessed October 8, 2006.
- 16The Ministry of Health (MOH). Major Findings from the 3rd China Health Services Survey. Beijing: Beijing Union Medical College Press, 2004.
- 19New Rural Medical System Welcomed by Farmers [on-line]. Available at http://en.ce.cn/National/Politics/200609/28/t20060928_8762274.shtml Accessed October 20, 2006.
- 20U.S. Census Bureau. IBD Population Pyramids [on-line]. Available at http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idbpyr.html Accessed February 24, 2007.