1List of surveyed countries and country respondents: Austria: K Pils, Belgium: JP Bayens, Bulgaria: I Petrov, Cyprus: C Agathangelou, Czek Republic: E Topinkova, Denmark: F Rønholt Hansen, Estonia: K Saks, Finland: T Strandberg, France: A Benetos, Germany: D Lüttje, Greece: G Sparatharakhis, Hungary : B Szekacs, Iceland: P. Johnson, Italy: A Cherubini, Ireland: S. O'Keefe, Lithuania: J Macijauskiene, Luxemburg: JC Leners, Macedonia: M Adzic, Malta: A Fiorini, The Netherlands: L Boelaarts, Norway: M Mowe, Poland: A Skalska, Serbia: M Davidovic, Slovakia: Z Mikes, Slovenia: PS Marija, Spain: P Abizanda, Sweden: A Rundgren, Switzerland: Ph Huber, Turkey: U Ateskan, Ukraine: V Bezrukov, United Kingdom: P. Crome, A Mair and G Mulley.
Europe-Wide Survey of Teaching in Geriatric Medicine
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 56, Issue 8, pages 1536–1542, August 2008
How to Cite
Michel, J.-P., Huber, P., Cruz-Jentoft, A. J. and a representative of each surveyed country (2008), Europe-Wide Survey of Teaching in Geriatric Medicine. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 56: 1536–1542. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2008.01788.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2008
- 1Census Bureau International Data Base [on-line]. Available at http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb.html Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 2FedStats: National Center for Health Statistics. Trendtables on 65 and older population. 2004 [on-line]. Available at http://www.fedstats.giv/key_stats/index Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 4Bologna Process [on-line]. Available at http://www.ond.vlaanderen.be/hogeronderwijs/bologna/ Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 5Bologna Process: Towards the European higher education [on-line]. Available at http://www.ec.europa.eu/education/policies/educ/bologna/bologna_en.html Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 9European Union Geriatric Medicine Society [on-line]. Available at http://www.EUGMS.org Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 10International Association Gerontology Geriatrics [on-line]. Available at http://www.iagg.com.br Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 11Union Europe–ene des M–decins Specialistes [on-line]. Available at http://www.uems.net/ Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 12The AMA Council on Medical Education [on-line]. Available at http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/14348.html Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 15Are internal medicine residency programs adequately preparing physicians to care for the baby boomers? A national survey from the association of directors of geriatric academic programs status of geriatrics workforce study. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:1603–1609., , et al.
- 17Union Europeéen des Médecins Specialistes—Section gériatrique [on-line]. Available at http://www.uemsgeriatricmedicine.org Accessed February 20, 2008.
- 20Back to the future: The European Academy for Medicine of Ageing revisited. Gerontology 2002;48:56–58., , et al.
- 23Geriatric medical education: An unclosed loop. Rev Fac Cien Med Univ Nac Cordoba 2006;63:71–75., , et al.
- 26Improving Geriatrics in Medical Schools. Contemporary Issues in Medical Education. Association of American Medical Colleges. 2000 September/October; 3(5). Available at http://www.aamc.org/data/aib/cime/vol3no5.pdf Accessed April 9, 2008.
- 29The use of the internet in geriatrics education: Results of a national survey of medical geriatrics academic programs. Gerontol Geriatr Educ 2007;27:85–95., , et al.