MODELS OF GERIATRIC CARE, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND PROGRAM DISSEMINATION
Home and Community-Based Medicaid Options for Dependent Older Floridians
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2010, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 371–376, February 2010
How to Cite
Golden, A. G., Roos, B. A., Silverman, M. A. and Beers, M. H. (2010), Home and Community-Based Medicaid Options for Dependent Older Floridians. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 58: 371–376. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2009.02668.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
- 2Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General. Dual Eligibles' Transition: Part D Formularies' Inclusion of Commonly Used Drugs. Publication #OEI-05-06-00090 (January 2006) [on-line]. Available at http://www.oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-05-06-00090.pdf Accessed March 2, 2009.
- 3http://www.kff.org/medicaid/7639.cfm Accessed July 24, 2008., , et al. Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. Perspectives on Medicare Part D and Dual Eligibles: Key Informants' Views from Three States. Report #7639 (May 2007) [on-line]. Available at
- 4http://www.ahip.org/content/default.aspx?docid=24597 Accessed March 28, 2009., State Medicaid Expenditures for Long-Term Care 2008–2027. Strategic Affairs Forecasting (September 2008) [on-line]. Available at
- 5Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Medicaid State Waiver Program Demonstration Projects—General Information [on-line]. Available at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicaidStWaivProgDemoPGI/MWDL Accessed February 24, 2009.
- 6The cost-effectiveness of noninstitutional long-term care services: Review and synthesis of the most recent evidence. Med Care Res Rev 2006;63:3–28.
- 8http://www.fpeca.usf.edu/sdca/data/PACE_Evaluation_2008_Final_Version.pdf Accessed October 30, 2009., , Florida Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): A Preliminary Evaluation. Florida Medicaid (June 2008) [on-line]. Available at
- 9Department of Elder Affairs Programs and Services Handbook. Chapter 3: Description of DOEA coordination with other state/federal programs. (July 2008) [on-line]. Available at http://www/agingflorida.com/resources/program/handbook_2008/03.pdf Accessed December 14, 2008.
- 10Department of Elder Affairs. Florida Affordable Assisted Living [on-line]. Available at http://www.floridaaffordableassistedliving/org/operator/alemedicaid.html Accessed January 10, 2009.
- 11Agency for Health Care Administration. Florida Medicaid Program—Summary of Services 2002 [on-line]. Available at http://ssn.usf.edu/medicaid/macs2/sos.pdf Accessed March 4, 2009.
- 12Consumer-Directed Care Plus. Consumer-Directed Care Plus. Your Life, Your Way [on-line]. Available at http://www.cdcplus.org/ Accessed December 26, 2008.
- 13Florida Medicaid Program. 2007 Summary of Programs and Services, pp 127–149, Section E [on-line]. Available at http://www.elderaffairs.state.fl.us/english/pubs/pubs/sops2007/Files/Section%20E.pdf Accessed January 20, 2009.
- 14Institute of Medicine. New Models of Care. In: Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2008, pp 75–122 [on-line]. Available at http://www.nap.edu/catalog/12089.html Accessed March, 30, 2009.
- 15Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, Division of Medicaid. Florida Senior Care: Managed, Integrated Care Summary of Proposed Waiver Amendment Documents (January 25, 2006) [on-line]. Available at http://www.elderaffairs.state.fl.us/english/pubs/pubs/fsc_waiver_summary.pdf Accessed January 16, 2009.
- 19Department of Elder Affairs, State of Florida. Long-Term Care Community Diversion Pilot Project. Legislative Report July 2007–December 2008 (January 2009) [on-line]. Available at http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/english/legis/NursingHomeDiversionLegislativeReport.pdf Accessed March 2, 2009.
- 20Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability. The Nursing Home Diversion Program Has Successfully Delayed Nursing Home Entry. Oppaga Report No. 06-45 (May 2006) [on-line]. Available at http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/reports/pdf/0645rpt.pdf Accessed December 22, 2008.
- 21Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability. Medicaid Reform: Reform Provider Network Requirements Same as Traditional Medicaid; Improvements Needed to Ensure Beneficiaries Have Access to Specialty Providers. Oppaga Report No. 08-64 (November 2008) [on-line]. Available at http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/reports/pdf/0864rpt.pdf Accessed December 22, 2008.
- 22Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability. Medicaid Reform: Oversight to Ensure Beneficiaries Receive Needed Prescription Drugs Can Be Improved; Information Difficult for Beneficiaries to Locate and Compare. Oppaga Report No. 08-55 (September 2008) [on-line]. Available at http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/reports.pdf.0855rpt.pdf Accessed December 20, 2008.
- 24http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/story/933429.html Accessed March 6, 2009.Medicaid Cracks Down on Suspected Overbilling in Miami-Dade. Miami Herald (March 5, 2009) [on-line]. Available at