Determinants of Early Reductions in Drinking in Older At-Risk Drinkers Participating in the Intervention Arm of a Trial to Reduce At-Risk Drinking in Primary Care
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2010, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 227–233, February 2010
How to Cite
Lin, J. C., Karno, M. P., Barry, K. L., Blow, F. C., Davis, J. W., Tang, L. and Moore, A. A. (2010), Determinants of Early Reductions in Drinking in Older At-Risk Drinkers Participating in the Intervention Arm of a Trial to Reduce At-Risk Drinking in Primary Care. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 58: 227–233. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2009.02676.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2010
- 3Rethinking Drinking: Alcohol and your health. NIAAA. [on-line]. Available at http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/ Accessed September 15, 2009.
- 11Projected Population of the United States, by Age and Sex: 2000 to 2050. [on-line]. Available at http://www.census.gov/population/www/projections/usinterimproj/natprojtab02a.pdf Accessed February 19, 2009.
- 13Readiness for change and readiness for help-seeking: A composite assessment of client motivation. Alcohol Alcohol 2005;40:540–544., , et al.
- 19Effectiveness of treatment for alcohol problems: Findings of the randomised UK alcohol treatment trial (UKATT). BMJ 2005;331:541.
- 23Helping Patient's Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician's Guide [on-line]. Available at http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Practitioner/CliniciansGuide2005/guide.pdf Accessed November 11, 2009.
- 24Applied Logistic Regression, 2nd Ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons 2000.,
- 28Age and stage of readiness for smoking cessation. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 1997;52B:S212–S221., , et al.