Portions of this research were presented as posters: Boonen S, Klemes A, Zhou X, Pack S, Delmas PD. Patients treated with risedronate have a fracture risk similar to patients 20 years younger in age. Presented at the 29th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research; September 16–19, 2007; Honolulu, Hawaii. Lindsay R, Zhou X, James R, Boonen S. Non-vertebral fracture risk of risedronate treated patients is similar to that of untreated patients 10 years younger. IBMS_09. Presented at the 2nd Joint Meeting of the International Bone & Mineral Society and the Australian & New Zealand Bone & Mineral Society, March 21–25, 2009, Syndey, Australia. Lindsay R, Zhou X, James R, Boonen S. Non-vertebral fracture risk of risedronate treated patients is similar to that of untreated patients 10 years younger. Presented at the National Osteoporosis Foundation's 8th International Symposium on Osteoporosis; April 1–5, 2009; Washington, DC.
Assessment of the Relationship Between Age and the Effect of Risedronate Treatment in Women with Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: A Pooled Analysis of Four Studies
Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2010, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 658–663, April 2010
How to Cite
Boonen, S., Klemes, A. B., Zhou, X. and Lindsay, R. (2010), Assessment of the Relationship Between Age and the Effect of Risedronate Treatment in Women with Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: A Pooled Analysis of Four Studies. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 58: 658–663. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2010.02763.x
- Issue online: 1 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 MAR 2010
- 2United Nations. United Nations Deparment of Economic and Social Affairs/Population Division. World Population to 2300. New York: United Nations, 2004.
- 19Risedronate increases bone mineral density at the hip, spine and radius in postmenopausal women with low bone mass (abstract 349). Osteoporosis Int 1998;8 (Suppl 3):111., , et al.
- 29Fieller's theorem. In: Armitage P, Colton T, editors. Encyclopedia of Biostatistics. Chichester: John Wiley, 1998.
- 32Administration on Aging. A Profile of Older Americans: 2007. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2007.
- 34HSBC Insurance (2007). The future of retirement. The new old age [on-line]. Available at http://www.hsbc.com/1/PA_1_1_S5/content/assets/retirement/2007_for_report.pdf Accessed June 1, 2009.
- 41The impact of incident vertebral and non-vertebral fragility fractures on health-related quality of life in established postmenopausal osteoporosis: Results from the teriparatide randomized, placebo-controlled trial in postmenopausal women. J Rheumatol 2003;30:1579–1583., , et al.
- 50U.S. National Center for Health Statistics. U.S. National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics Reports (NVSR), Deaths: Final Data for 2005, Vol. 56, No. 10, April 24, 2008 [on-line]. Available at http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/09s0100.pdf Accessed January 9, 2009.