International Health Affairs
Academic Geriatrics in Singapore
Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2011
© 2011, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2011, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 59, Issue 11, pages 2145–2150, November 2011
How to Cite
Wong, C. H. and Landefeld, C. S. (2011), Academic Geriatrics in Singapore. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 59: 2145–2150. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2011.03630.x
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2011
- Fulbright Singapore Researcher Program
- Department of State
- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- 1Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), United States of America. The world factbook. In: CIA [online]. Available at https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html Accessed March 18, 2010.
- 2Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade and Industry Singapore. Yearbook of statistics Singapore 2009. In: Statistics Singapore [online]. Available at http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/reference.html#yos Accessed March 25, 2010.
- 3The National Survey of Senior Citizens in Singapore, 1995. Singapore: Interministry, 1996:1.
- 4The ageing population. In: Chan KM, Yap KB, Wong SF, eds. Geriatric Medicine for Singapore. Singapore: Armour Academics. 1996, pp 3–10..
- 8Ministry of Health Singapore. Report of Workgroup on Training of Doctors to Meet the Needs of the Ageing Population. Singapore: Ministry of Health Singapore, 2008.
- 9SingHealth Centre for Health Services Research. Healthcare Roundtable 6: Integrating Health Care for the Elderly in Singapore, 2008.
- 10Ministry of Health Singapore. Singapore healthcare system. Available at http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcsystem.aspx?id=102 Accessed June 3, 2010.
- 11Ministry of Health Singapore. Healthcare financing. Available at http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcfinancing.aspx?id=104 Accessed April 2, 2011.
- 13American Geriatrics Society Geriatrics Workforce Policy Studies Center. ADGAP final report phase III 2006–2009. In: American Geriatrics Society [online]. Available at http://www.adgapstudy.uc.edu/pubs_other.cfm Accessed January 25, 2010.
- 14The Association of Directors of Geriatric Academic Programs (ADGAP) Longitudinal Study of Training and Practice in Geriatric Medicine. Geriatric Medicine Training and Practice in the United States at the Beginning of the 21st Century. New York: ADGAP, July 2002. (Comprehensive report from Phase I.), et al.
- 16Geriatrics in the United States: Manpower projections and training considerations. Available at http://www.rc.rand.org/pubs/reports/2007/R2543.pdf Accessed November 17, 2008., , et al.
- 17National Medical Research Council of Singapore. Approved individual research grant. In: National Medical Research Council [online]. Available at https://www.nmrc.gov.sg/corp/projects.aspx?id=522 Accessed February 24, 2010.
- 19Approaches to recruitment of candidates to advanced fellowship training and faculty positions in academic geriatrics. In: Geriatric academic career development, based on the work of the John A. Hartford Foundation Centers of Excellence in Geriatric Medicine and Training. Available at http://www.geriatricsrecruitment.org/files/ManualTwo.pdf Accessed December 1, 2008..
- 22Ministry of Health Singapore. Health facts Singapore: Population and vital statistics. Available at http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/statistics.aspx?id=5524 Accessed December 4, 2008.