Effect of Specialty and Recent Experience on Perioperative Decision-Making for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2012
© 2012, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2012, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 60, Issue 10, pages 1889–1894, October 2012
How to Cite
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1889–1894, 2012.
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2012
- University of Chicago Departments of Medicine (Section of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine) and Anesthesia and Critical Care, Booth Graduate School of Business, and a Paul Beeson Career Development Award. Grant Number: K23 AG24812
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: K23 AG24812
Please note: Wiley-Blackwell is not responsible for the content, accuracy, errors, or functionality of any supporting materials supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing material) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.
Appendix S1. Scenario text presented to surgeon participants. Scenario text for geriatricians and anesthesiologists differ slightly (see text).
Appendix S2. Initial decision screen presented to participants. Clicking the “Start” button begins the simulation. Clicking “Watchfully wait” simulates a 6-month observation period, followed by a return patient visit with updated aneurysm size and rupture risk statistics. Clicking “Perform surgery” simulates a decision to operate, and results in a 95% chance of success and a 5% chance of patient mortality.
Appendix S3. Composite screen shot of scenario outcomes.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.