Missing Drivers with Dementia: Antecedents and Recovery
Article first published online: 7 NOV 2012
© 2012, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2012, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 60, Issue 11, pages 2063–2069, November 2012
How to Cite
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:2063–2069, 2012.
- Issue published online: 13 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 7 NOV 2012
- National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: P30 AG 008051 and R01 AG 04021
- National Institutes of Health
- Michael J. Fox Foundation
- New York State Department of Health
- Morris and Alma Schapiro Fund
- 3A look at deaths occurring in persons with dementia lost in the community. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 2003;18:343–348., .
- 6Attention and driving performance in Alzheimer's disease. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 1998;53B:P130–P141., , et al.
- 9Persons with dementia missing in the community: Is it wandering or something unique? BMC Geriatr 2011;11:28., , et al.
- 11Driving retirement in older adults with dementia. Top Geriatr Rehabil 2009;25:154–162., , et al.
- 12Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Fatality facts 2008: Older people [on-line]. Available at http://www.iihs.org/research/fatality_facts_2008/olderpeople.html Accessed March 10, 2012.
- 13Silver alert legislation: Office of legislative research 2009 [on-line]. Available at http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/rpt/2009-R-0008.htm Accessed March 10, 2012..
- 21112th Congress (2011–2012). U.S. H.R.112: Silver Alert Communications Network 2011 [on-line]. Available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr112ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr112ih.pdf Accessed March 10, 2012.
- 22U.S. Senate. S.1263: The National Silver Alert Act of 2011 [on-line]. Available at http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s1263/show Accessed March 10, 2012.