This research was supported by a William T. Grant Scholars' Award and a William T. Grant Scholars Supplement to Mentor Junior Researchers of Color.
Beyond School Spirit: The Effects of Youth-Led Participatory Action Research in Two Urban High Schools
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Research on Adolescence © 2012 Society for Research on Adolescence
Journal of Research on Adolescence
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 267–283, June 2012
How to Cite
Ozer, E. J. and Wright, D. (2012), Beyond School Spirit: The Effects of Youth-Led Participatory Action Research in Two Urban High Schools. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 22: 267–283. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-7795.2012.00780.x
The authors express deep appreciation to Elizabeth Hubbard, Gary Cruz, Adee Horn, Morgan Wallace, Brian Stanley, and the participating students for their long-term collaboration with the project; LaWanda Mohammed, Richard Duber, Andrew Ishibashi, Barnaby Payne, Gregory Peters, Norm Ferrer, Janet Schulze, Minh Q Luc, and the teachers and counselors of the participating schools for collaboration with the research; Kevin Roy, Valerie Leiter, Steve Athanases, Edward Seidman, and Thomas Weisner for helpful comments on earlier drafts; Thomas Cook, Meredith Minkler, Lawrence Green, Rhona Weinstein, and Penny Hawe for their consultation; Laura Douglas, Yoli Anyon, Marieka Schotland, Sami Newlan, and Maggie Gaddis for their research assistance; and Kathryn Steckler, Teresa Igaz, Eric Koo, and Christina Law for their assistance in data collection.
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.