Gail M. Ferguson is now at the Department of Human and Community Development, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL.
The Counterintuitive Psychological Benefits of Intergenerational Discrepancies in Family Prioritization for Jamaican Adolescent–Parent Dyads
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Author. Journal of Research on Adolescence © 2013 Society for Research on Adolescence
Journal of Research on Adolescence
Special Issue: Adolescents in the Majority World
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 35–44, March 2013
How to Cite
Ferguson, G. M. (2013), The Counterintuitive Psychological Benefits of Intergenerational Discrepancies in Family Prioritization for Jamaican Adolescent–Parent Dyads. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 23: 35–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-7795.2012.00795.x
Appreciation is extended to the participating Jamaican families and school staff for their generosity. Support for data collection was provided in part by Bowling Green State University Dissertation Funds. An earlier version of this article was presented as a poster at the 2010 Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research on Adolescence, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Bowling Green State University Dissertation Funds
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.