This research was made possible by William T. Grant Foundation Awards 10690 to David R. Schaefer and Sandra D. Simpkins and 7936 to Simpkins, and by Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Grant R21-HD060927 to David R. Schaefer and Steven A. Haas. This research uses data from Add Health, a project directed by Kathleen Mullan Harris and designed by J. Richard Udry, Peter S. Bearman, and Harris at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and funded by Grant P01-HD31921 from the NICHD, with cooperative funding from 23 other federal agencies and foundations. Special acknowledgment is due Ronald R. Rindfuss and Barbara Entwisle for assistance in the original design. Information on how to obtain the Add Health data files is available on the Add Health website (http:// www.cpc.unc.edu/addhealth). No direct support was received from Grant P01-HD31921 for this analysis.
Adolescent Friendships, BMI, and Physical Activity: Untangling Selection and Influence Through Longitudinal Social Network Analysis
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Research on Adolescence © 2012 Society for Research on Adolescence
Journal of Research on Adolescence
Special Issue: Network and Behavior Dynamics in Adolescence
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 537–549, September 2013
How to Cite
Simpkins, S. D., Schaefer, D. R., Price, C. D. and Vest, A. E. (2013), Adolescent Friendships, BMI, and Physical Activity: Untangling Selection and Influence Through Longitudinal Social Network Analysis. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 23: 537–549. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-7795.2012.00836.x
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.