An Opioid Screening Instrument: Long-Term Evaluation of the Utility of the Pain Medication Questionnaire
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2006
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 74–88, June 2006
How to Cite
Holmes, C. P., Gatchel, R. J., Adams, L. L., Stowell, A. W., Hatten, A., Noe, C. and Lou, L. (2006), An Opioid Screening Instrument: Long-Term Evaluation of the Utility of the Pain Medication Questionnaire. Pain Practice, 6: 74–88. doi: 10.1111/j.1533-2500.2006.00067.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2006
- Submitted: December 14, 2005; Accepted: January 20, 2006
- 1Occupational Musculoskeletal Disorders: Function, Outcomes and Evidence Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000., , , eds.
- 4American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders , 4th ed. Washington, DC: APA; 1994.
- 6Liaison Committee on Pain and Addiction. Definitions related to the use of opioids for the treatment of pain: a consensus document from the American Academy of Pain Medicine, the American Pain Society, and the American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2001. http://www.ampainsoc.org/advocacy/opioids2.htm.
- 19Adding psychological scales to your back pain assessment. J Musculoskelet Med. 1985;2:41–52., , .
- 20SF-36 Health Survey: Manual and Interpretation Guide. Boston, MA: The Health Institute, New England Medical Center; 1993., , , .
- 21The MOS 36-item Short Form Health Survey (SF-36). In: SedererL, DickeyB, eds. Outcomes Assessment in Clinical Practice. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1996..
- 22How to Score Version 2 of SF-12 Health Survey. Lincoln, RI: Quality Metric Incorporated; 2002., , , .
- 23Clinical Essentials of Pain Management. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 2005..
- 25The Development of a Self-Report Screening Instrument for Measuring Risks of Opioid Medication Misuse among a Heterogeneous Chronic Pain Population: The Pain Medication Questionnaire. Department of Psychiatry/Division of Psychology. Dallas, TX: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas; 2002..