Disclosures: Neil K. Singla: Speaker Bureau, Research Support, Consultant; Cherri Parulan and Roselle Samson: Research Support; Joel Hutchinson, Rick Bushnell and Evelyn G. Beja: No conflicts to report; Robert Ang and Mike A. Royal: Shareholder and employee of Cadence Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Institutional Review Board that approved the study: Aspire IRB, 9340 Fuerte Dr, Suite 210, La Mesa, CA 91941, U.S.A.
Plasma and Cerebrospinal Fluid Pharmacokinetic Parameters After Single-Dose Administration of Intravenous, Oral, or Rectal Acetaminophen
Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
© 2012 Lotus Clinical Research, LLC. Pain Practice © 2012 World Institute of Pain
Volume 12, Issue 7, pages 523–532, September 2012
How to Cite
Singla, N. K., Parulan, C., Samson, R., Hutchinson, J., Bushnell, R., Beja, E. G., Ang, R. and Royal, M. A. (2012), Plasma and Cerebrospinal Fluid Pharmacokinetic Parameters After Single-Dose Administration of Intravenous, Oral, or Rectal Acetaminophen. Pain Practice, 12: 523–532. doi: 10.1111/j.1533-2500.2012.00556.x
Correction added on 18 May 2012, after first online publication: The ‘Financial Support’ statement was added to the ‘Acknowledgements’ section.
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
- Submitted: January 23, 2012; Accepted: March 5, 2012
- 6Open-label, 4-period, randomized crossover study to determine the comparative pharmacokinetics of oral and intravenous acetaminophen administration in healthy male volunteers. Poster presentation at the 32nd Annual Meeting and Workshops American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain (ASRA), April 19–22, 2007; Vancouver, Canada., , , .
- 15PK/PD comparison of IV vs rectal acetaminophen administration: a simulation based on a population pharmacokinetic model. Poster presentation at the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT). March 17–20, 2010. Atlanta GA. Poster #PII-82., , , .
- 20Chapter 6: Analgesia and sedation. In: Arcara K, Tschudy M, eds. Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Harriet Lane Handbook. 19th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2012.
- 25Pharmacodynamic modeling of the analgesic properties of specific non-opioid analgesics using the dental pain model. Dissertation Abstracts International. 1993;54(3-B):1354., .
- 26Cross-Study Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Modeling of Acetaminophen: comparison of Tylenol® Extended Relief Caplets with Regular-Strength Tylenol® Caplets. Fort Washington, PA: McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals; 1995, Submitted to NDA 19-872 as a postapproval commitment..