The research for this paper was supported by an LEAA grant, no. 76-JN-99-0004. I thank Steven Bossert and Gary Schwartz for their valuable insights and criticisms of several drafts of this paper and Margaret Andersen, Sally Bould, Carl Couch, Jane Davidson and Peter Manning for many helpful suggestions on later drafts.
Passion, Submission and Motherhood: The Negotiation of Identity by Unmarried Innercity Chicanas*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2005
The Sociological Quarterly
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 241–252, March 1981
How to Cite
Horowitz, R. (1981), Passion, Submission and Motherhood: The Negotiation of Identity by Unmarried Innercity Chicanas. The Sociological Quarterly, 22: 241–252. doi: 10.1111/j.1533-8525.1981.tb00658.x
- Issue online: 21 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!