[Mason Gaffney is a Professor of Economics at the University of California, Riverside.] His interests include urban economics, land and resource economics, public finance, and the history of economic thought. Recently, he published with coauthor Fred Harrison, The Corruption of Economics (London: Shepheard-Walwyn Ltd., 1994), and “Land as a Distinctive Factor of Production” in N. Tideman, ed., Land and Taxation (London: Shepheard-Walwyn Ltd., 1994).
Alfred Russel Wallace's Campaign to Nationalize Land
How Darwin's Peer Learned from John Stuart Mill and Became Henry George's Ally
Article first published online: 3 JUL 2006
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 56, Issue 4, pages 609–615, October 1997
How to Cite
Gaffney, M. (1997), Alfred Russel Wallace's Campaign to Nationalize Land. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 56: 609–615. doi: 10.1111/j.1536-7150.1997.tb02662.x
- Issue published online: 3 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 3 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!