Garrick Blalock, David R. Just, and Daniel H. Simon are Assistant Professors in the Department of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University.
Hitting the Jackpot or Hitting the Skids: Entertainment, Poverty, and the Demand for State Lotteries
Article first published online: 10 JUL 2007
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 545–570, July 2007
How to Cite
Blalock, G., Just, D. R. and Simon, D. H. (2007), Hitting the Jackpot or Hitting the Skids: Entertainment, Poverty, and the Demand for State Lotteries. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 66: 545–570. doi: 10.1111/j.1536-7150.2007.00526.x
- Issue published online: 10 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 10 JUL 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!