Ming Yu Cheng is the Director of Research Management Center, Multimedia University, 63100 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. Her research interests span a broad range of issues in development economics and economics of knowledge and technology. She was the recipient of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship at Reitaku University in Japan and Fulbright Visiting Scholarship at Washington State University. She wishes to thank the Fulbright program for sponsoring this research project at Washington State University. Ron Mittelhammer is Director and Regents Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, P.O. Box 646210, Pullman, WA 99164-6210; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. His research spans a wide array of theoretical and applied statistical models applied to a variety of problem areas, including production and consumer economics, markets, trade, and development. He is the author of two textbooks in economometrics and in mathematical statistics, and is a Distinguished Scholar of the Western Ag. Economics Association.
Globalization and Economic Development: Impact of Social Capital and Institutional Building
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2008
© 2008 American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Inc.
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 859–888, November 2008
How to Cite
Cheng, M. Y. and Mittelhammer, R. (2008), Globalization and Economic Development: Impact of Social Capital and Institutional Building. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 67: 859–888. doi: 10.1111/j.1536-7150.2008.00600.x
- Issue online: 5 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!