This study was funded in part by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute through support to the Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study (contracts N01-HB-97077 (superseded by N01-HB-47114), -97078, -97079, -97080, -97081, and -97082). This included partial salary support for three authors (SK, SG, and MB) and support for performance of Amplicor Monitor testing (reagents contributed by Roche Molecular Systems) and data analysis. No funding was given to Abbott Laboratories for the efforts of the Abbott authors (MCK, ALM)) or performance of HBV serologic assays or ultrasensitive HBV DNA PCR assays.
Lack of correlation between HBsAg and HBV DNA levels in blood donors who test positive for HBsAg and anti-HBc: implications for future HBV screening policy†
Article first published online: 17 AUG 2004
Volume 44, Issue 9, pages 1332–1339, September 2004
How to Cite
Kuhns, M. C., Kleinman, S. H., McNamara, A. L., Rawal, B., Glynn, S. and Busch, M. P. (2004), Lack of correlation between HBsAg and HBV DNA levels in blood donors who test positive for HBsAg and anti-HBc: implications for future HBV screening policy. Transfusion, 44: 1332–1339. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2004.04055.x
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 17 AUG 2004
- Received for publication February 17, 2004; revision received May 3, 2004, and accepted May 4, 2004.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.