A preliminary, partial report of this work was presented at the American Society of Hematology Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 2008: Shander A, Hofmann A, Ozawa S, Javidroozi M. The true cost of red blood cell transfusion in surgical patients. Blood 2008;112: Abstract 3045.
Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2009
© 2009 American Association of Blood Banks
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 753–765, April 2010
How to Cite
Shander, A., Hofmann, A., Ozawa, S., Theusinger, O. M., Gombotz, H. and Spahn, D. R. (2010), Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals. Transfusion, 50: 753–765. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2009.02518.x
Funding to support this research, including ABC software development and manuscript preparation, was provided by the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management (SABM), made possible by a grant from Centocor Ortho Biotech Services, LLC. Janssen-Cilag AG and Janssen-Cilag GmbH also contributed funding for research conducted in Europe.
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2009
- Received for publication July 7, 2009; revision received September 24, 2009, and accepted September 28, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.