This study was funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (N01-HB-47174). The creation of the SCANDAT database was funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Cancer Institute of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (N01-CP-21175). GE has received funding through a postdoctoral stipend from Svenska Sällskapet för Medicinsk Forskning (SSMF). MKJ and HH have received funding from the Danish Medical Research Council (271-08-0831). ELM has received a career development award (K24-HL-75036) from the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. The funding organization did not participate in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; and preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
Duration of red blood cell storage and survival of transfused patients (CME)
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
© 2010 American Association of Blood Banks
Volume 50, Issue 6, pages 1185–1195, June 2010
How to Cite
Edgren, G., Kamper-Jørgensen, M., Eloranta, S., Rostgaard, K., Custer, B., Ullum, H., Murphy, E. L., Busch, M. P., Reilly, M., Melbye, M., Hjalgrim, H. and Nyrén, A. O. (2010), Duration of red blood cell storage and survival of transfused patients (CME). Transfusion, 50: 1185–1195. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2010.02583.x
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
- Received for publication October 15, 2009; revision received November 11, 2009, and accepted December 1, 2009.
Vol. 50, Issue 8, 1857, Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.