FA is an epidemiologist in the field of donor research. Her work focuses on health outcomes, such as cardiovascular disease, in blood donors; moreover, she investigates methodolologic issues encountered in this type of research. FDV is an epidemiologist in clinical epidemiology; she is involved in methodological research in the general population and in cancer patients.
The healthy donor effect: a matter of selection bias and confounding
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2011
© 2011 American Association of Blood Banks
Volume 51, Issue 9, pages 1883–1885, September 2011
How to Cite
Atsma, F. and de Vegt, F. (2011), The healthy donor effect: a matter of selection bias and confounding. Transfusion, 51: 1883–1885. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2011.03270.x
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2011
- Received for publication June 1, 2011; accepted June 1, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.