This research was supported through internal FDA funds.
Outpatient transfusions and occurrence of serious noninfectious transfusion-related complications among US elderly, 2007-2008: utility of large administrative databases in blood safety research
Article first published online: 8 FEB 2012
© 2012 American Association of Blood Banks
Volume 52, Issue 9, pages 1968–1976, September 2012
How to Cite
Menis, M., Izurieta, H. S., Anderson, S. A., Kropp, G., Holness, L., Gibbs, J., Erten, T., Worrall, C. M., MaCurdy, T. E., Kelman, J. A. and Ball, R. (2012), Outpatient transfusions and occurrence of serious noninfectious transfusion-related complications among US elderly, 2007-2008: utility of large administrative databases in blood safety research. Transfusion, 52: 1968–1976. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2011.03535.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 8 FEB 2012
- Received for publication September 26, 2011; revision received November 29, 2011, and accepted December 4, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 3Prophylactic strategies for acute hemolysis secondary to plasma-incompatible platelet transfusions: correlation between qualitative hemolysin test and isohemagglutinin titration, Revista Brasileira de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, 2015, 37, 4, 217, , , , ,
- 4Blood Transfusion Reactions in Elderly Patients Hospitalized in a Multilevel Geriatric Hospital, Journal of Aging Research, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , ,
- 5Root cause analysis of non-infectious transfusion complications and the lessons learnt, Transfusion and Apheresis Science, 2014, 50, 1, 111, , , , ,