Reversal of drug-induced anticoagulation: old solutions and new problems
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
© 2012 American Association of Blood Banks
Special Issue: Plasma transfusion: Current status and future directions: The Bernard Fantus, MD Symposium
Volume 52, Issue Supplement s1, pages 45S–55S, May 2012
How to Cite
Dzik, W. “. (2012), Reversal of drug-induced anticoagulation: old solutions and new problems. Transfusion, 52: 45S–55S. doi: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2012.03690.x
- Issue published online: 11 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
- 8Technical manual. 17th ed. Bethesda (MD): American Association of Blood Banks; 2011. p. 275., , , , editors.
- 10American College of Chest Physicians. Evidence-based management of anticoagulant therapy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest 2012;141 Suppl:e152S-84S., , , , , , , , , ;
- 23Comparison of fresh frozen plasma and prothrombin complex concentrate for the reversal of oral anticoagulants in patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass surgery: a randomized study. Vox Sang 2010;99:251-60., , , .
- 33Recombinant factor VIIA partially reverses the anticoagulant effect of high-dose rivaroxaban—a novel, oral, direct factor XA inhibitor—in rats [abstract]. J Thromb Haemost 2007;5 Suppl 2:P-W-652., .
- 34Reversibility of the anticoagulant effect of high doses of the direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran by recombinant factor VIIa or activated prothrombin complex concentrate [abstract]. Haematologica 2008;93 Suppl 1:148., , , , .
- 35The successful reversal of dabigatran-induced bleeding by coagulation factor concentrates in a rat tail bleeding model do not correlate with ex vivo markers of anticoagulation [abstract]. Blood 2011;118:2316., , , .
- 36Potential of activated prothrombin complex concentrate and activated factor VII to reverse the anticoagulant effects of rivaroxaban in primates [abstract]. Blood 2008;112:3825., , , , .
- 40Adsorption of dabigatran etexilate in water or dabigatran in pooled human plasma by activated charcoal in vitro [abstract]. Blood 2009;114:1065., , , , .
- 42Recombinant antidote for reversal of anticoagulation by Factor Xa inhibitors [abstract]. Blood 2008;112:983., , , , , .