This is a written version of a luncheon address given during the conference marking the 35th anniversary of the 1970 Econometrics of Price Determination Conference. It is not meant to be a detailed survey of the literature, but rather a brief overview of research trends during the past 35 years, touching on a few illustrative examples from a huge and rapidly growing literature. I would like to thank David Wilcox for inviting me to speak at the conference and for suggesting this topic, and Pete Klenow, Ben McCallum, John Lipsky, and Ken West for helpful discussions and comments.
Thirty-Five Years of Model Building for Monetary Policy Evaluation: Breakthroughs, Dark Ages, and a Renaissance
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue Supplement s1, pages 193–201, February 2007
How to Cite
TAYLOR, J. B. (2007), Thirty-Five Years of Model Building for Monetary Policy Evaluation: Breakthroughs, Dark Ages, and a Renaissance. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 193–201. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2007.00023.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2007
- Received October 7, 2005; and accepted in revised form September 1, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!