The author thanks several people for helping to vastly improve this paper: specifically, Ed Kane for his many insights and suggestions, Armen Hovakimian for help with the empirical model, and Mark J. Flannery, the editor, and an anonymous referee for their patience and numerous helpful comments and suggested directions to pursue. Any remaining errors are the sole responsibility of the author. The author thanks the University of Western Ontario for allowing the use of its TSE Western Database.
Wealth and Risk Effects of Adopting Deposit Insurance in Canada: Evidence of Risk Shifting by Banks and Trust Companies
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 7, pages 1651–1681, October 2007
How to Cite
WAGSTER, J. D. (2007), Wealth and Risk Effects of Adopting Deposit Insurance in Canada: Evidence of Risk Shifting by Banks and Trust Companies. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 1651–1681. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2007.00082.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
- Received May 9, 2002; and accepted in revised form September 13, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!