The author thanks several people for helping to vastly improve this paper: specifically, Ed Kane for his many insights and suggestions, Armen Hovakimian for help with the empirical model, and Mark J. Flannery, the editor, and an anonymous referee for their patience and numerous helpful comments and suggested directions to pursue. Any remaining errors are the sole responsibility of the author. The author thanks the University of Western Ontario for allowing the use of its TSE Western Database.
Wealth and Risk Effects of Adopting Deposit Insurance in Canada: Evidence of Risk Shifting by Banks and Trust Companies
Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 7, pages 1651–1681, October 2007
How to Cite
WAGSTER, J. D. (2007), Wealth and Risk Effects of Adopting Deposit Insurance in Canada: Evidence of Risk Shifting by Banks and Trust Companies. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 1651–1681. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2007.00082.x
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2007
- Received May 9, 2002; and accepted in revised form September 13, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!