We thank anonymous referees, Scott Freeman, Jordan Rappaport, Gordon Sellon, and Pu Shen, as well as seminar participants at the University of Arkansas, the University of Kansas, and the University of Kentucky for useful comments. We also thank Joydeep Bhattacharya and Steve Russell for many conversations on the topic. All remaining errors are our own. Part of this paper was written while Antoine Martin was at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. The views expressed here are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, or the Federal Reserve System.
Optimality of the Friedman Rule in an Overlapping Generations Model with Spatial Separation
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 7, pages 1741–1758, October 2007
How to Cite
HASLAG, J. H. and MARTIN, A. (2007), Optimality of the Friedman Rule in an Overlapping Generations Model with Spatial Separation. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 1741–1758. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-4616.2007.00085.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2007
- Received January 4, 2006; and accepted in revised form October 9, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!